Many marketers will tell you content is king, but I believe content is core. Effective marketing is impossible without great content, and that’s why content should be at the core of any (and every) marketing strategy. Consider the following types of marketing:
- Social media marketing: Content strategy comes first and social media is used to amplify it.
- SEO: Search engine algorithms reward businesses that publish high quality, unique and consistent content.
- PR: Successful PR strategies address issues readers care about, not their business.
- PPC: For PPC to work, you need great content behind it.
- Inbound marketing: Content is key to driving inbound traffic and leads.
It takes a long time to build a relationship with an audience, especially in an environment where consumers are bombarded with thousands of messages per day. To create content that cuts through the clutter, brands must ask themselves two questions:
- Who is your specific audience?
- What is the differentiated story you’re going to tell that will resonate with your audience?
If you’re ready to answer these questions and take your content marketing strategy from average to exceptional, let’s get to work!